Friday, March 6, 2009

I just came back from a full day of being intellectually stimulated at the Celebration of Teaching and Learning Conference in NYC. What an awesome experience! It was amazing to be among thousands of educators and administrators who were clearly excited about learning how to be better at what they do. I spoke to many different people this weekend, from many walks of life, and I was inspired to realize that we were all the same: we just want to carry out our 'mission' the best way we can.
One of the highlights of today's experience was to hear the plenary speaker, Sir Kenneth Robinson. If you haven't heard of him, stop what you are doing (and put it down b/c you soon will be falling on the floor laughing) and listen to the following video from a TED conference:

1 comment:

Adam Dugger said...

Sounds like you had a great time Amy! I can't wait to hear all about it. I started to watch the vid, but it is long and I am tired.. I will watch it tomorrow though. Love the excitement!